South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed. Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the HR Services team located in Overline House, Southampton. Working in the capacity of HR Co-ordinator, this role will provide comprehensive HR administrative support to a range of stakeholders in accordance with people management policy and procedures, conditions of service, collective agreements, regulatory frameworks and management information.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate a positive, proactive and adaptable approach to their work and possess the ability to prioritise a heavy workload. You must also be a team player and an effective communicator.
As a HR Co-ordinator you will work alongside the HR Business Partners in arranging formal meetings, preparing hearing documentation, note taking and updating activity trackers and case summary records. As a strong influential communicator you will also be required to respond to enquiries of varying complexity and provide information in an accurate and timely manner.
- A proven experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Previous experience of working as a HR administrator would be an advantage.
- Possess a flexible approach in ensuring that volume filing and post logging is completed on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate strong time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conscientious and attention to detail focussed particularly in relation to producing formal documentation or minute taking in a variety of formal meetings.
- Experience in appropriate IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- Qualified or part qualified training in people management or development would be an advantage.
Working an average of 37 hours per week.
Monday - Friday, office hours.
This role may involve travel across our network to attend meetings as and when required.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and standard leisure travel on SWR services for employee, standard leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Overline House, Southampton
- Salary:£25,047 per annum plus regional allowance
- Closing Date:15 July 2022