Customer Information CO3 GPR - Salisbury
South Western Railway is committed to equal opportunities employment, and your application will be reviewed by the hiring panel with personal information removed. In order to assist this process please ensure that any attachments such as CV's or covering letter have personal details removed (this includes your name, address and email address). Any other attachments such as professional qualifications can be left unedited. Applications not following this guidance may be rejected.
As Customer Information, you will ensure that both our staff and our customers receive, timely, accurate and consistent information throughout your area of responsibility. Through liaising with the Customer Communication and Security Centre and local stations, you will ensure that the flow of customer information is adhered to at all times. You will also liaise with the Wessex Integrated Control Centre as required.
In the event of disruption, you will take your lead for the dissemination of information from the local management team and initiate the local service escalation procedure as required. You will also be responsible for the input of quality customer information into the Customer Information System and making announcements as required for your area ensuring it is maintained for South Western Railway and other train operating companies.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others at all times, including that of visitors and contractors.
- Wear uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance complies with the company standard and is high at all times.
- Assist and communicate effectively with staff and customers in your defined area, ensuring they are advised of delays and cancellations of service and are regularly updated with current information
- Ensure the CIS workstation and your work area are kept clean, tidy and hazard free at all times and are presented in accordance with the South Western Railway standards.
- Solve problems proactively, disseminate plans and organise an efficient response to them.
- Report faults as soon as possible in accordance with the SWR fault reporting procedure
- In conjunction with the CCSC, ensure the CIS displays and announcements are correct within your local area.
- Open and close the Station Control Point as per the requirements of the current roster, in accordance with the appropriate security measures
- Take active steps to ensure you maintain and update your product knowledge by familiarising yourself with: PTAN, Engineering Work alterations, Special Traffic Notices and other relevant publications and brief other staff in your local area as required.
- Take the lead in maintaining customer information at the stations you oversee, including unmanned stations.
- Take responsibility for input of information into the station control log recording all events that happen at your station and operational and safety incidents within the Area Managers area.
- To undertake additional tasks as required by the local manager applicable to the role.
- Resilience and the ability to cope in a pressured environment
- Very good communication skills
- High level of customer focus
- Good level of numeracy
- IT skills
Working an average of 37 hours per week.
Various shifts Monday – Sunday between 05:30 – 23:00
Rolling shift patterns - Early: 05:30 - 14:45 and Late: 13:45 - 23:00
Please note this is a general purpose relief (GPR) role and therefore you may be required to travel to other sites, so would require access to a vehicle to do this role.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free duty and leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
At SWR we believe our people are our greatest asset.
Our vision is to recruit and retain the best talent from the most diverse pool of candidates across our regions.
We are committed to establishing a sense of inclusion for all and to value each person for the unique contribution they bring.
- Company:South Western Railway
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Basingstoke, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Southampton Central
- Salary:£25,547 per annum plus regional allowance of £451 per annum
- Closing Date:31 March 2023