Service Delivery Supervisor
About the team:
Working at the iconic Oxford Station, you will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse team to deliver excellent customer service. The Service Delivery Supervisor is responsible for leading and co-ordinating the stations team to deliver the highest standard of customer service and safety at the station and taking responsibility for managing the station whilst on duty. This is a challenging role that demands great leadership skills, flexibility, and an ability to respond to the ever-changing demands of a busy railway station.
About the job:
The purpose of the role is to lead a diverse team and to deliver excellent customer service with Integrity and Empathy to all our customers. This is a safety critical role and will involve the safe and punctual dispatch of train services from Oxford Station.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will oversee the service delivery team and provide a range of station responsibilities including dispatching trains on time, safety of customers on platform, whilst ensuring excellent customer service.
- As this is a safety critical role you will be responsible for monitoring and responding to issues that may compromise customer safety. You will have the ability to remain calm in times of service disruption.
- In this role, you will also have responsibility for the Gateline operation, and from time to time you may be required to step up in the absence of a Duty Station Manager
You'll need to be:
- Able to work a mixture of early, middle and late shifts. Weekend and bank holiday working is a requirement as are rostered Sundays.
- Able to deliver exceptional front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Confident when decision making
- Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
- Able to work to procedures and deliver to the required standard
As a minimum, you will need to have:
- Evidence of directly working within and leading a team, as well as the ability to work independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Safety critical dispatch competency is desirable.
- Evidence of working with GWR operational applications e.g. Quartz, Tyrell, WFM and Bugle.
- IT literacy
About the location:
This position covers Oxford Station including the outstations (Appleford, Culham, Radley, Tackley & Heyford). Oxford station is located within walking distance from the town centre, where a selection of retail shops are located.
This role involves working shifts including weekends and bank holidays. The shift hours are 06:30 – 14:00 & 14:00 – 21:00 Monday – Friday. Saturdays from 07:00-14:00 & 14:00 – 21:00
Applicants successfully short listed may be invited to undertake an online ability test together with a competency-based interview.
For further information, please contact Billy White, Station Manager, 07525 823756
For more information regarding the application process, please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company:Great Western Railway (GWR)
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Location:Oxford Station