We are looking for an enthusiastic Semi-Skilled Mechanic to join our team in Norwich
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Semi-skilled Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
As a Semi-Skilled Mechanic you will carry out oil changes, minor vehicle repairs, servicing and part replacement.
The salary for this position is £20,500 + per year (£10.35 per hour) and your working hours will be a guaranteed 39 hours per week (early/late shifts working five over seven days)
The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to work safely and efficiently to a high standard in a busy engineering workshop.
What will you be doing?
- Carry out oil changes
- Carry out servicing to vehicles in workshop
- Booking out parts when required
- Working within health and safety regulations
- Deliver a high standard of repair and subject to monthy audits
- Ensure an effective working relationship with staff
- Complete accurate servicing records, keeping the service history up to date and all relevant paperwork filled in
- Carry out any other duties that may be deemed suitable by the engineering manager
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
- Semi-skilled Mechanic
- Driving license is essential
- PSV license would be advantageous, if not the ability to obtain must be shown
What can we offer you?
- up to 4 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
First Bus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Norwich, Roundtree Way