We are currently seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join our busy Engineering team in Norwich!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Engineering Supervisor position could just be the job for you!
The salary for this Mechanic/Technician position is £32,500 per year and the working hours are 40 per week
As an Engineering Supervisor you will ensure all maintenance and servicing is managed and carried out
The successful Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- To allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff in the most efficient way.
- To monitor workshop staff sickness and absence.
- To manage labour overtime in line with engineering budgets.
- Carry out vehicle inspection audits in line with UK Bus SOPs.
- Supervising of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking in line with UK Bus SOPs.
- To liaise with external contractors for workshop plant and equipment emergency call outs.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident in line with central engineering standard operating procedures.
- To ensure no parts are booked out of stores without a work order or fleet number with the correct WBS (Reason code).
- To manage the engineering vehicle status board and update the daily garage log to facilitate workshop planning.
- To carry out skills assessments of all workshop staff and subsequently develop and deliver training and development plans for each member of staff.
- To liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage.
- To carry out daily team briefings to discuss the previous day's performance, any problems encountered, potential solutions and the current days' work schedule.
- To diagnose reoccurring vehicle defects as identified by the local engineering manager and organise repair.
- To ensure the enforcement of vehicle-specific diagnostic procedures for rectifying defects.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering field and be conversant with monitoring standard of engineering work on PCV.
Knowledge of safe operation of workshop equipment is essential and previous supervisory experience would be desirable. To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Norwich, Roundtree Way