We are looking for an Engineering Chargehand to join our busy engineering team in Great Yarmouth
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Chargehand position could just be the job for you!
You will earn £28,000 + per year (£13.85 per hour) and the working hours are 39 per week on a shift (early & lates - 5 out of 7)
As an Engineering Chargehand you will ensure strong teams are built in the depot, by consistently delivering a great service everyday.
You will ensure that all maintenance and servicing is carried out within time and budget, maintaining health and safety standards.
What will you be doing?
- To monitor the daily running of the depot and all engineering staff, and supervising in the absence of the Workshop Planner and Engineering Supervisor
- To carry out repairs and diagnosis on vehicles as required.
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with First Group policies.
- To provide guidance to other staff as required.
- To allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff.
- To manage labour overtime in line with set authorisation limits, as set by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the engineering vehicle status board and daily garage log are updated to reflect any changes that take place.
- Liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage
- In the absence of the Cleaning ,Supervisor manage of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking.
- Processing vehicle defect cards in line with engineering standard operating procedures.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident in line with engineering standard operating procedures as required.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) in a relevant Vehicle Repair subject.
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
What we offer you!
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on our Rail Services (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull trains)
- High Street discounts
- Company pension
- Ongoing professional development
- Free parking
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected! All the gear… and the right idea!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family, and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
Who are we?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators – and the partner of choice for innovative and sustainable transport. Leading the transition to a low-carbon future, we have committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035 and to not purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022!
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability.
Working for First Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? We aim to have best Engineers in the business…We need you!
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Great Yarmouth
- Salary:£13.85 per hour