We are looking for a motivated Cleaner to join our team in Norwich on a late shift!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Cleaners, Engineers and maintenance staff repairing and cleaning our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Bus Cleaner position could just be the job for you!
As a cleaner you will ensure and continually improve the cleanliness and appearance of our fleet of vehicles.
The salary for this position is £9.50 per hour and the working hours are 39 per week on a late shift - 17.00 - 01.30
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with the internal and external cleaning of buses and depot premises with the use of specialist equipment and chemicals
- Assist with fuelling, oiling, watering, shunting and parking of vehicles
- Able to work effectively when unsupervised after initial training
- To adhere to the Health and Safety at work policy, ensuring protective clothing is used properly at all times and appropriate practices and procedures are always followed
Skills & Experience
- At least 6 months of cleaning experience
- Knowledge of the working of the bus wash
- A driving licence is preferable, but not essential
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
Please note that due to the popularity of this role we may need to close the advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
- Company:First UK Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Norwich, Roundtree Way
- Salary:£18,000 per annum