Our colleagues are from all walks of life with varied personal experiences and career journeys into rail. We want the best people for our roles. We are proud of our region and committed to connecting and reflecting the diverse communities that we serve across the North of England and Scotland. Our values are central to this, especially being ‘Supportive of each other’. As an inclusive employer we value individuals’ contributions, regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, social background, religion, or belief.
We run intercity services between the major cities of Newcastle, York, Leeds, Hull, Sheffield, Manchester and Liverpool. From the Angel of the North to Albert Dock, we help 29 million customers a year get to where they want to go. We connect the North of England to the Lake District, Lancashire, Cumbria, Scotland and beyond.
Our team of 1,000 people is our biggest strength. Together we run around 238 daily weekday services and almost as many at weekends. We serve 83 stations (19 directly managed by us) and on average carry 61,000 customers every day. Last year we helped 29 million customers to get to work, meet their friends and make the most of their leisure time. A responsible and pioneering business, our people are proud to work for, we can offer you a top class career and fantastic training, rewards and support.
We began our franchise in 2004 and will operate it until at least 2023. Over the next seven years we’re putting our money where our mouth is, delivering a £500m+ investment programme to make travelling on our network easier and even more enjoyable.
Our vision is to take the North further. To help the economy to grow and make the North greater than ever before by bringing people, businesses and key cities and towns closer together. We aim to be the preferred choice for our customers by:
- Introducing 150 new state-of-the-art intercity trains that will be faster and more reliable while refurbishing our other trains, so they are as good as new.
- Growing our team and investing heavily in our people and new uniforms.
- Transforming our customer experience with more seats and luggage space, better catering, Wi-Fi, innovative ticketing systems and improved journey times.
- Investing £18m in station refurbishments and better environments for our colleagues.
- Improving maintenance, building new train depots and developing a performance recovery plan.
Full of Northern Soul, we’ve a new vision for TransPennine Express and the North. Take a look for yourself.
TransPennine Express is a partnership between FirstGroup (the UK’s biggest public transport provider) and Keolis (the largest French private sector transport group).